🚀 Awesome list of opensource applications for macOS.
Clone or download
Clone with HTTPS
Use Git or checkout with SVN using the web URL.
Support on Beerpay
Hey friend! Help me out for a couple of 🍻!
List of awesome opensource applications for macOS. This list contains a lot of native, and cross-platform apps. The main goal of this repository is to find free opensource apps and start contributing. Feel free to to the list, any suggestions are welcome!
You can see in which language an app is written. Currently there are following languages:
- C language.
- C++ language.
- C# language.
- CoffeeScript language.
- CSS language.
- Elm language.
- Haskell language.
- Lua language.
- Objective-C language.
- Python language.
- Ruby language.
- Rust language.
- Swift language.
- TypeScript language.
- Application which hosts AudioUnits v3 using AVFoundation API.
- Aural Player is a audio player application for the macOS platform. Inspired by the classic Winamp player for Windows, it is designed to be to-the-point and easy to use.
- Background Music, a macOS audio utility: automatically pause your music, set individual apps' volumes and record system audio.
- macOS camera recording using ffmpeg
- Audio player for macOS.
- The fre:ac audio converter project.
- jmc - new macOS media organizer.
- This app allows you to control the iTunes volume using volume up and volume down hotkeys.
- LocalRadio is software for listening to "Software-Defined Radio" on your Mac and mobile devices.
- macOS app to show you lyric what currently iTunes or Spotify is playing.
- Swift-based iTunes plug-in to display lyrics on the desktop.
- Lyrics for iTunes, Spotify and Vox.
- Simple yet powerful audio player for BSD/Linux/macOS.
- Spotify controller with TouchBar support.
- Console-based pandora.com player.
- Open-source virtual modular synthesizer.
- SBPlayer is a beautiful and powerful media player base on VLCKit.
- Scrobble vinyl, radios, movies to Last.fm.
- Minimal, beautifully designed music player for macOS.
- Spotify and iTunes in your menu bar.
- Spotify mini-player for macOS.
- Audio input/output source lock for macOS.
- Instant audio feedback for typing. macOS version.
- macOS app to mute & unmute the input volume of your microphone. Perfect for podcasters.
- macOS native desktop Software Defined Radio application using the RTL-SDR USB device.
- Keep your application settings in sync (macOS/Linux).
- Easily create lightweight documentation of installed applications, dotfiles, and more.
- UrBackup - Client/Server network backup for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Beaker is an experimental peer-to-peer Web browser.
- Brave browser for Desktop and Laptop computers running Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- macOS tool that prompts you to choose a browser when opening a link.
- Floating browser window for macOS.
- Always opens the right browser.
- Current Firefox and Gecko development
- Experimental web browser with minimalistic design. Running Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Otter Browser aims to recreate the best aspects of the classic Opera (12.x) UI using Qt5.
- Safe Exam Browser for macOS and iOS.
- Native Mac app wrapper for WhatsApp Web.
- Better WeChat on macOS and Linux.
- Franz is messaging application for services like WhatsApp, Slack, Messenger and many more.
- Native macOS & Windows desktop app for Google Allo.
- Unofficial GroupMe App.
- Riot.im is a collaboration app (currently Electron) for the protocol.
- A truly native client for macOS.
- Electron app that links with your Signal Android or Signal iOS app.
- Source code of Telegram for macOS on Swift.
- Source code of deprecated Telegram for macOS version.
- Telegram Desktop messaging app.
- Textual is an IRC client for macOS.
- TorChat for Mac is a macOS native and unofficial port of torchat.
- Send WhatsApp message from menu bar.
- Standalone Electron app for the chatapp Wire.
- macOS app to safely generate cryptocurrency address.
- App for all the world’s currencies.
- macOS menu bar application for tracking crypto coin prices.
- macOS menu bar application built with Electron.
- Native menu bar app with floating window and support for many Exchanges.
- SQLite database management GUI.
- The easiest way to get started with mongoDB on the Mac.
- PostgreSQL GUI client for macOS.
- The easiest way to get started with PostgreSQL on the Mac.
- The easiest way to get started with Redis on the Mac.
- MySQL/MariaDB database management for macOS.
- Cashew macOS Github Issue Tracker.
- Gitee, macOS status bar application for Github.
- GitHub contributions app, for iOS, WatchOS, and macOS.
- Simple collaboration from your desktop.
- Simple app that will notify about new commits to watched repositories.
- Simple macOS app to alert you when you have unread GitHub notifications.
- Minimalistic Git client for Mac.
- The Git interface you've been missing all your life has finally arrived.
- Graphical client for the git version control system.
- macOS application for easily operating GitHub Projects.
- macOS application to comfortably browse and search through your Messages.app history.
- Tool to capture screenshot and recognize text by online ocr apis.
- Gif capture app for macOS.
- Video to GIF maker with a graphical interface capable of cropping, adding text, seeking, and trimming.
- Convert videos to high-quality GIFs.
- Proof of concept Mac drawing application.
- Inkscape is professional quality vector graphics software.
- macOS application for designing HTML5 SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) art and animation with a WebKit web view.
- Choose your Material colours and copy the hex code.
- Pencil2D is an animation/drawing software for macOS, Windows, and Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics.
- ScreenToLayers is a macOS application to easily capture your screen as a layered PSD file.
- Plugin manager for Sketch.app.
- The hackable text editor.
- Oni is a modern take on modal editing - code editor focused on developer productivity - powered by Neovim
- Code editor developed by Microsoft.
- ZeroBrane Studio is a lightweight cross-platform Lua IDE with code completion, syntax highlighting, remote debugger, code analyzer, live coding, and debugging support for various Lua engines.
- macOS app which assembles and disassembles animated png files.
- Insane(ly slow but wicked good) PNG image optimization.
- macOS Status Bar App for quick sketch.
- Gimp is GNU Image Manipulation Program.
- Mac GUI for pngquant, pngnq and posterizer.
- Imagine is a desktop app for compression of PNG and JPEG, with a modern and friendly UI.
- Katana is a simple screenshot utility for macOS that lives in your menubar.
- macOS app for finding and lost forgotten photos on your disks.
- macOS menubar app for automating screenshots.
- WebPonize is a macOS App for converting PNG, JPEG, animated (or not) GIF images into WebP.
- macOS application for controlling AnnePro keyboard over bluetooth.
- Handy tool for macOS allowing you to switch Fn keys' mode based on active application.
- Karabiner (KeyRemap4MacBook) is a powerful utility for keyboard customization.
- Karabiner-Elements is a powerful utility for keyboard customization on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later.
- Better input source switcher for macOS.
- Switch the right application ASAP.
- Menubar/taskbar Gmail App for Windows and macOS.
- Fast and Simple Email Client.
- Unofficial Google Inbox Desktop App.
- Wrapper for Inbox by Gmail.
- Extensible mail client.
- Cross Platform messaging and emailing app that combines common web applications into one.
- Status bar Mac application to overcome time constrained WiFi networks.
- macOS menubar status indicator.
- Put the output from any script or program in your macOS Menu Bar.
- Simple menu bar macOS application for displaing lists of your iCloud Tabs and Reading List.
- Simple menu bar weather app for macOS written in Swift.
- Simple (bare-bones) macOS menubar extra to apply display presets.
- gfxCardStatus is menu bar application that keeps track of which graphics card your unibody, dual-GPU MacBook Pro is using at any given time, and allows you to switch between them on demand.
- macOS app to change the screen brightness on the menubar.
- CPU, memory, disk, and network monitoring tools for macOS.
- Night Shift Control is a simple macOS menubar app for controlling Night Shift. It's aim is to bring features from f.lux which are missing from Night Shift such as disabling Night Shift for certain apps.
- Quickly hacked up PSI macOS status bar app.
- Small menu bar utility that lets you use your third-party mouse's side buttons for navigation across a variety of apps.
- macOS menu bar app that gives you more control over Night Shift.
- A minimal and beautiful lyrics app that stays in the menu bar of macOS.
- Tiny menu bar app that listens iTunes and Spotify to detect chords of songs!
- Deezer Desktop app for Windows, Linux and macOS.
- macOS app to visualise your iTunes library as graphs.
- Simple Spotify lyrics viewer menu bar app for macOS in Swift.
- SoundCloud for macOS and Windows.
- Control Spotify without leaving your terminal. 🎶
- macOS wrapper for music.youtube.com.
- Basic/Classic Hacker News app, used as a Cocoa & Swift learning platform.
- Hacker News Delivered to Desktop.
- Vienna is a RSS/Atom newsreader for macOS.
- Note-taking application made for programmers just like you.
- Little app that you can use as a quick note taking or todo app.
- Notes manager for macOS/iOS: modern notational velocity (nvALT) on steroids.
- Note taking and to-do application with synchronization capabilities for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Notebook viewer for macOS.
- Simple note taking application.
- Notes is a macOS application built to create notes, using text amongst other formats: images, videos, contacts, and etc.
- Simple note taking app for macOS and iOS which uses Realm and CloudKit for syncing.
- Simplest way to keep notes.
- Safe place for your notes, thoughts, and life's work.
- Very simple macOS app to make temporary notes.
- Unofficial, third-party, community driven Evernote app with a handful of useful features.
- Manage your Homebrew formulas with style using Cakebrew.
- Hosts file manager for macOS.
- Cocoa GUI for /etc/hosts.
- GUI image optimizer for Mac.
- Simple macOS app to preview animations created with Facebook's keyframes framework.