Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits Tutorial
Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 299 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 863mg | Carbohydrates: 20g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 23g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium sized shrimp, thawed, shells removed
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup quick grits
- 1/2 cup low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Press the "Saute" button on the Instant Pot. Adjust temperature to medium using the "Adjust" button. Add the olive oil and once hot add the shrimp, salt, and red pepper. Cook the shrimp, stirring often, until pink and firm. Remove from the pot and set aside and keep hot.
- Add the broth and butter, bring to a simmer and scrape up and bits on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Stir in the grits. Press the "Manual" button followed but the "Adjust" button to set the pressure to High. Set the timer for 7 minutes and place the lid on the pot, making sure the vent is sealed. The Instant Pot will preheat before starting the cooking time. Once cooked, wait for 5 minutes before venting and removing lid.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese until well incorporated. Spoon into serving bowls, top with cooked shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro and paprika. Serve and enjoy!
- TIP: If a thinner grits is preferred add and additional 1/2 cup of broth.
Video: Instant Pot Southern Shrimp and Grits
Our February issue goes on sale today Here’s a glimpse of what’s inside
Watch James Bond Struggle To Rent A Car On Stephen Colbert
Now Playing: The only piece of advice Anil Kapoor ever gave Harsh
Top 5 Winter Boots for Walking Babies
How to Stop Picking Your Scabs
Tilda Swinton interview
Katie, Tom and Suri hit the beach
How to Prepare for a Liver Transplant
The Love Seat
Dolce Gabbana Used Drones On The Runway
David Beckham Lands His Own Saturday Morning Kids TV Show
What to Eat Before a Workout: 50 Pre- and Post-Workout Snacks
How to Tame Cowlicks