5 Things Girls WISH Guys Knew | Secrets to Understanding Women
How to Understand Women
While men and women deserve to be treated equally, the fact of the matter is that there are certain social differences between the two genders. This article will teach you about these basic differences and about how to better understand the particular woman in your life.
Better Understanding the Women in Your Life
Consider biological differences.Women and men have slight differences, including...
- Studies suggest that women have a slightly sharper sense of smell and vision than men do.This is a possible explanation for why women are considered to be more "detail-oriented."
- Women are more likely to recall memories that have emotional significance. Be careful what you say to her in the middle of a fight, because she may never forget it.
- Women menstruate once a month for four days, on average. Menstrual cycles affect each woman differently, and can cause mood changes, hormone fluctuations, physical pain, lethargy, nausea, increased appetite, and heightened emotional sensitivity. While some women experience little to no pain at all, others become close to bed-ridden during this time of the month. Don't underestimate the physical strain of a menstrual cycle.
- Women are more likely to lose interest in sex due to emotional factors than men are.These may include problems in the relationship, coping with loss or death, and so on.
Recognize the social pressures that women face.A woman experiences sexism, including pressure to be feminine, and roadblocks to success that men don't experience. However, men are subject to similar issues, where they are forced to conform to the height requirement needed to be satisfactory to the female. She may be stereotyped, under-appreciated, and pushed away from fields that are considered masculine.
- Girls are socialized to be obedient, well-behaved, quiet, submissive, "good girls." While a woman might rebel against some of those pressures, they probably continue today, and rebelling too hard may have social consequences (e.g. being branded as a "disgusting feminist" or passed over for a promotion because she is too aggressive).
- Women may experience additional pressure and hardship for being a person of color, LGBT+, disabled, heavy, lower income, and more.
Accept that all women are different.In your life, you will know sporty women, geeky women, fun-loving women, artistic women, ambitious women, and more. Each woman has her own personality and goals. Overgeneralizing can be dangerous.
- Don't mistake one woman's behavior as a universal female characteristic. Just because your sister doesn't like sports doesn't mean that your new girlfriend doesn't.
Observe her.The best way to understand somebody, male or female, is to spend time with them and observe their patterns of behavior. Doing so will teach you things like what upsets her, what excites her, what annoys her, and so on.
- Pay close attention to her, and be patient. While one woman might show you exactly who she is immediately, another woman might only show you certain sides of herself as you get to know each other.
Ask her questions.This is key, especially if you are trying to get to know a woman you have just met, a woman who is shy, and/or one who is generally on the quieter side.
- Get to know her passions, interests, hobbies, and goals for the future.
- Ask her how what she has been up to lately, how she's feeling, what she's excited about, what she's worried about, what she's afraid of, etc.
Learn about her past.Ask her about her family, and what her childhood was like. Everybody is influenced to some degree by the way they were brought up. Learning these things will teach you a great deal about any woman.
- Don't press her about these topics, as they can be touchy. Let her decide how much she feels comfortable sharing with you.
If you think she's upset, ask.Sometimes women feel uncomfortable voicing disagreement or emotional pain. If you get the sense that something is off, but she isn't saying a word about it, give her an opportunity. Take her aside in a quiet time and ask what is wrong.
- "You seem upset, and I'm worried. Did I do something that hurt you?"
- "You seem distant today. Is something wrong?"
Be a good listener.Listening is important to understanding anyone, including women. Give her your full attention, and ask questions to better understand what she is saying. People love to be heard.
Understanding Your Date
In addition to the above steps, here are some things to consider about your crush, girlfriend, or wife.
Consider making the first move.No, it's the 21st century, but in general, men are still expected to approach women first. Of course, some women are more bold and proactive than others, so she might surprise you by asking you out first.
Be confident, and have a sense of humor.Women appreciate these qualities, especially when it comes to finding a boyfriend or spouse. This doesn't mean you should try to be somebody you are not, but make an effort to highlight these characteristics when trying to impress a woman.
Don't compare her to other women.Women tend to compare themselves to other women too often, and usually at their own expense. Many women feel dissatisfied with their appearances as a result. They may wear makeup when going for a walk or shopping at the supermarket, just because they need it in order to feel presentable.
Figure out what she loves.Does she like hugs, or verbal compliments? What makes her feel loved? This can help you display your affection in ways you know she'll appreciate most.
Be courteous without being condescending.Even a die-hard feminist will appreciate it if you hold the door open for her or offer to pay for dinner. Though she might not let you pay, the gesture will still be appreciated.
- The line between politeness and benevolent sexism is whether you treat her like she can't do it herself. For example, it isn't condescending if you open a car door because you want her to feel like a princess, not because you think she can't do it herself.
Compliment her.Every woman likes to be reminded of how beautiful, smart, and sweet she is every once in a while. This is especially true for a romantic partner, who needs evidence that you are interested in her. Remind her what you love about her.
QuestionHow do I treat my girlfriend well?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRespect her choices. She should feel comfortable and you must keep her interested. Know her more -- her likes, dislikes, family details, everything. Women love being appreciated. Praise her every now and then. Treat her as your number one priority.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I get a woman back once I've disappointed her?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf she's single, you call her. Apologize for what you did, and admit your mistakes. Show her how you care for her, and let her know you will go to great effort to make the relationship work.Thanks!
QuestionA woman rejected me without any reason. What do I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMove on. She could be too busy, seeing someone else, not interested in your type, not interested in your gender - whatever the reason, it just isn't going to happen. You'd be wasting your time by pursuing her. Let yourself be sad, cry and watch sappy movies if you need to, and then start looking for other women. There will be more, and you're better off with a woman who is truly interested in you (not one who finally said yes to make you quit bugging her).Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if I yelled at a woman?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerApologize for yelling. Men who raise their voices can be quite scary to women, especially if they have experience with men who become violent. Say that you're sorry that you raised your voice. Then, work together to fix the problem that made you so upset. In the future, it's better to say "I need some air" or "I need a break" and leave, instead of getting so angry that you yell. You can discuss it again once you're more level-headed.Thanks!
QuestionWhen I see her and talk to her, it's all good. She hugs me and kisses me goodby. Then she texts me and acts like we are just friends. What is going on?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSounds like she's putting you in Friend Zone. Confront her about it and ask for clarification on the status of your relationship.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I tell if a woman is interested in me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf she asks you your future plans and family details, she is interested. Other signs include: She keeps note of your day to day work, if she asks your likes and dislikes and if she spends a comfortable amount of time every day, irrespective of the schedule.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I know if they like me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFirst look for body language. If she seems to be only flirting with you then that probably means she likes you. If she remembers things about you that even you forgot then that means she listens and she likes you.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I understand what makes her sad? She always says that I never understand.Community AnswerMake sure she knows that you care and want to help, but that in order for you to do that, she has to let you in and trust you. You'll likely have to be patient with her as you work to gain her trust. Let her know that you want to be there for her so that you can help her to be as happy as she can be.Thanks!
QuestionCan women be angry at their husbands?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, of course. Women are people, and people can get mad at other people. If you think your wife is mad at you, ask "Are you upset?" and "Why?" Using NVC-style observations can help you explain what you notice. If she says she's fine, let her know that you're here to help or talk if she needs to. If you suspect a friend is angry at her husband, you can ask her about it, or you can choose to stay out of it.Thanks!
QuestionWhy are only women physically weak?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis is a myth. There are women out there who could bench press your weight, and there are men who can't even lift the bar. Women, like men, are individuals. However, as Iris Marion Young writes in ''Throwing Like a Girl,'' girls tend not to use their full strength. They tend to be more cautious, take up less space, and underestimate their athletic performance. Women's weakness is caused by a belief that they are weaker. Women can work to overcome these mental barriers, move like athletes, and see themselves as just as strong and capable as an average man (or sometimes even more so).Thanks!
- Remember that some women have flirtatious personalities, even when interacting with platonic friends, so don't assume a woman is interested in you romantically just because she is being friendly or polite.
- Avoid talking about a previous relationship with a woman you are dating unless she asks you about it. It will imply that your ex is still on your mind.
- Women appreciate honesty, especially in a relationship. If you want a woman to trust you, you will have to be open and honest with her.
- This article is meant to be helpful, but is in no way intended to promote gender stereotypes. These instructions won't work foreverywoman.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Français: , Italiano: , Deutsch: , Русский: , 中文: , Nederlands: , Bahasa Indonesia: , हिन्दी: , العربية: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt:
Video: Female Psychology: What Women REALLY Want
The Best Knitted Polos To Buy In 2019
How to Make Buddha Bowls
Flexible sigmoidoscopy follow-up
How to Make Tropical, High Protein, Grain Free Cake
It Costs New York City Over 1 Million a Day to Protect Donald Trump and His Family
How to Varathane a Table
10 Surprising Facts About How Hollywood Sex Scenes Really Get Made
The 20 Best Halloween Movies On Netflix
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Is ON
Benefits of Group or Team Running
How to Make Badam Milk
A Review of the Wahl Cordless Sterling 4 Clipper
How to Clean Your Ears
How to Introduce a New Cat to the Family