Beginners Guide to Reselling Vintage Costume Jewelry on Ebay - Part 1 Cherry Vintage 2013
How to Shop for Costume Jewelry
Costuming jewelry is all about bringing back some of the most traditional and interesting designs of the various cultures. This is how you can find great and interesting pieces of jewelry with the right contemporary hues at the best price.
Be prepared to consider vintage pieces as well as new items.In fact, searching for vintage pieces is half the fun!
Try search engines like Google and Yahoo.Use keywords such as fashion jewelry, costume jewelry, Indian jewelry, vintage jewelry, etc. There will be a lot of results and sellers. You can start refining the results once you get a good idea of what you like the most.
Spend some time browsing in the jewelry department of your local department stores.There will be lots of up-to-date jewelry on display to choose from.
Check out mall chain stores.They often have small jewelry collections with pieces that are relatively inexpensive.
Visit antique shops and consignment stores for older costume jewelry pieces.Look at the more expensive pieces displayed in locked cases of the store. Ask questions about:
- The era
- Any particular meanings behind certain pieces, such as events, deaths, commemorations, etc.
Try digging through bins of jewelry to find that "diamond in the rough." This could be anywhere from department stores to flea markets.
If you want to find something truly unique, frequent arts and crafts shows, gift shops and high-end small specialty shops, where unusual jewelry pieces are often sold.
Look for a wholesale costume jewelry stores online.Most stores will generally have a bigger and better selection available online than in retail shops.
- When shopping at a wholesale costume jewelry store, make sure that you are working with an outfit that you can trust and it will offer you a return or exchange policy on any of the pieces that you purchase through them.
- Keep in mind that customer service in a wholesale costume jewelry store is just as important as the products they sell, so if you are uncomfortable with the staff in a particular store, it might not be the right choice of places for you to shop with.
- Once you have found a store that you are comfortable with, you can enjoy the opportunity to shop for beautiful jewelry pieces at discount prices.
Be aware of the following important pointers when shopping for costume jewelry:
- Remember that the quality and price of costume jewelry spans a huge range. Higher-quality costume jewelry can be pricier.
- Check the color of the metal, the quality of the stones and how the items are glued or welded together to determine the quality of an item.
Break down the types of costume jewelry for your own reference and interest.Some of these breakdowns are:
- Beads and glass, stone: The artisans of this kind of costume jewelry often make their own beads, pendants and other components of jewelry from base metal that is available in their regions. These components have become very popular in the Western fashion scene lately. In fact they have become so popular that now there are a number of cheaper imitations in the market. Most of these imitations are cast instead of being fabricated by the hand.
- Vintage fashion jewelry: Vintage fashion jewelry is also making a comeback. In the segment of the vintage jewelry, the glamorous styles of the 1940s are definitely the rage. The most obvious signs of this shift toward '40s fashion jewelry is the recent obsession that has been growing with feminine, draping chandelier earrings and big, sparkling rhinestone brooches.
- Plastic fashion jewelry: Yes, plastic which is otherwise considered to be a cheap commodity, when designed with a fashionable stroke is converted into some of the most exquisite pieces of design. Plastic fashion jewelry is definitely making a comeback. One of the most famous fibers used to make this plastic fashion jewelry is the crisp Lucite which is available in a vibrant array of colors today.
- Copper fashion jewelry: Copper is a gorgeous and natural metal with its earthy unique colour of its own. Being a soft metal, jewelers love to make unique designer pieces using the metal while the jewelry line serves as the latest fashion as well as it has got some undisputed health benefits of its own.
- Cubic Zircon or Cz jewelry: Cubic Zircon or Cz stone jewelry is the latest addition to the costume fashion jewelry wardrobe. Cz jewelry designs are sleek, modern and a look-a-like with diamond jewelry. They are loved by ladies who prefer light and smart jewelry styles.
- You might be surprised to know that many times costume jewelry can be expensive when high quality materials and gemstones are used to construct it. Many women prefer to have a replica engagement ring to wear when travelling or on occasions where they feel the real ring may pose a risk, and these types of rings can be found in 14K or 18K gold with a cubic zirconium instead of a diamond. These “cheap imitations” will generally cost a few hundred dollars, depending on the size of the gemstone.
- Check the necklace backs, earrings back and finishing of the items. You can ask your supplier to send your extra earring back and extension chains.
- Try not to wear them daily.
- Make a variety of collections for the wardrobe and select the kind keeping in mind the type of party your are going to.
- Ask your supplier whether the stones are made of glass or plastic. Glass stones are real and keep their dazzling brightness.
- Get clear clarifications of the sizes of bangles. It is a must to purchase bangles. Asians wear small sizes whereas European and other ladies wear big and plus sizes.
- Use a piece of lemon and a spoon of sauce to clean copper jewelry.
- Keep your fashion jewelry away from perfume and perspiration.
- Never expect the plating to last long like real jewelry.
- Never trust if the seller is giving any guarantee to last for years.
Video: JEWELRY HAUL! | Where To Shop for Affordable Glam Jewelry, Chokers, Accessories ETC!
Why I Quit Wearing High Heels When I Turned30
Build serious muscle in your lunch hour
How to Become a Foster Parent when Single
Tights for Petites
How to Varathane a Table
The Diary: CurrentElliott, Theory More
Treatment Options for Cellulitis
9 Last-Minute Marathon Tips
Hillary Clinton Attends Adele Concert, Gets Best Endorsement Ever
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fishers Marriage Is Basically a Real-Life Fairytale
Teach Your Kids the Gift of Giving